I was waiting to post, hoping that I would be able to say my visa was through. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard, but thought I should post anyway.
I'm enjoying having some extra time in Cambridge with my sister's family. Yet it's a weird space to be in, not knowing when I'm going. I have re-booked my flight to leave Jan 14th, and I hope I don't have to move it again. But I won't know until I get the email from Kathmandu telling me things are ready, and that I can come. It's a funny, in-between kind of space, that's more striking now that it's the new year, and things are starting back up. Until now, it's felt more like Christmas holidays (which of course, it was), and the transition to Nepal has been in the background. Now I feel more in limbo, ready and waiting to embark on my year. I would appreciate your prayers for the speedy processing of the visa, as well as for patience for me in this waiting time.
I had several good days in London with my parents. We wandered around, seeing some of the original streets and neighbourhoods that are the source of names that pop up in English speaking cities around the world. We saw Westminster Abbey, the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Rosetta stone in the British Museum and the Gutenberg Bible in the British Library. We spent ages exploring the museum and library, and there was so much fascinating history there - we could have spent lots more time, if we had it. We got last minute tickets to see the Lord of the Rings musical, which was great, and somewhat different than the version I had seen in Toronto. This touring was supposed to be the end of my time in England before going on to Nepal, which was perhaps a busy way to end. The delay has provided a bit more relaxed time before heading off to something new, which was not so bad, provided the delay doesn't stretch out too long...
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment