Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Heading back to Nepal again in April


Hello again!

I'm heading back to Nepal again, co-leading another NepalAbility team for 3 weeks in April. Our team of 6 will be providing continuing education and hands-on training to local rehabilitation staff at two hospitals in Nepal (including Green Pastures Hospital where I lived and worked in '08-'09). This will be my 3rd trip with NepalAbility, the 12th team they have sent to Nepal, and we will be building on the relationships and opportunities from previous visits.  I'm excited to be returning to a place I love, and to be able to use my experience to continue to contribute in Nepal. I sent out an email newsletter with more information - here's a link if you missed it.

I posted lots on our great trip in Nov 2011 on this blog. If you're interested in reading more, here's a link to the article I wrote in my Church's newsletter.  We also had articles featured in the Queen's Alumni Review, and our hospital's webpage

Once again, I'm raising money for the flight and expenses to volunteer in Nepal.  If you are able to contribute, your support would be much appreciated.  You can donate online through InterServe via CanadaHelps. Please select Ministry in Nepal - C. Scovil under Fund/Designation to ensure funds are directed towards my expenses.

We leave April 11, watch this space for updates on our trip.
Namaste!

No comments: