Hello again from Nepal!
I’m here again with a NepalAbility team to do more training in the
hospitals here. I arrived yesterday and
stayed a night at the lovely Courtyard Hotel, and met the rest of the team
there. Being back in Nepal is always so
exciting – the sights, sounds, smells and tastes are so evocative. It was also great to meet with Sonika, one of the peer counsellors from the Spinal Injury Rehab
Centre outside of Kathmandu.
 |
NepalAbility Team 15 - Mary, Lorna,
Edith, Shaun and I |
 |
| Meeting Sonika |
Today we came up to Tansen Hospital – a short flight,
with a glimpse of the Himalayas. Followed
by a drive through the busy border towns with India and then up the steep and winding
mountain roads to Tansen. It is always
an exciting drive. It’s great to be here
after several days of travel, and now we can settle in and get organized for 1
week of rehabilitation nursing training starting on Wed.
Here
are a few more pictures of our trip so far.
 |
| Glimpse of the Himalayas from the plane |
 |
| Sacred bull in the traffic triangle |
 |
| Valley view on the drive up |
 |
| View over the top of the hospital to the valley beyond |
If you want more info on what our plans are for this trip,
here
is the newsletter I sent in Jan. I hope to keep the blog updated as we go, but
we’ll see how busy things are. I’ll
definitely post pictures and a report about this trip once I’m back home, if
not before.
1 comment:
Great pictures, thanks Carol. Just browsing through your archive - all the way back to 2007! You have a long commitment to Nepal.
Post a Comment