This is it, my last week in Pokhara. It's hard to believe, and I'm feeling pretty sad about leaving. It's been a fun few weeks though with lots of parties and farewells - with a few more still to come. Here's a few pictures from the last week or so.


Farewell party at Sita's last Friday, which coincided with her housemate Jamuna's birthday. We threw her a surprise party (the first in her life), which was great fun, and then once the gifts started, I realized it was for me too. Good food, so much laughter, and singing songs in 4 languages (Nepali, Hindi, English and Japanese) together. What a lovely evening.

My co-worker Laxmi and her three lovely daughters, after yummy dal bhat at her place.

Taking Bishnu and Nirmala swimming one last time.

Dinner at Shankar's house (another co-worker), who also runs a children's home for orphans.

'Snacks' before dinner at Juna's, my farewell dinner with the OT department. I was so full after this delicious meal!

Pokhara is also putting on a display - the mountains from my roof this morning, clearly visible after a couple of days of rain have cleared away the haze.
Wow, I'm going to miss this place these wonderful people. Tomorrow's my official farewell at the hospital, so I need to put together a few words to say in Nepali. Yikes!
2 comments:
Hey, Carol: I expect you're on your way back out to the UK, or already arrived by now. Great parting shot of the view from your window! The mountains are wonderful (I miss mountains!), but I also wonder about the house/wall with triangular patterns, to the right. Stonework? Mosaic? Interesting. Safe journeys... - Matt
hey carol....finally i m able to view your blog....my first time.still i dont leave that u have left and i am literally feeling sad may be being selfish that i wont be able to have so much fun now!!!what fun days yaar...really alot of fun!!still every good thing has to cum to an end for me my good thingh ends here..it will surly be difficult to find someone like u...full of laughters...hope to stay in touch!!
lol
Shweta
xxx
Post a Comment