Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nepali dinner

Thank you to everyone who was able to join me last Tuesday for the Nepali dinner. It was quite a success! There were 45 of us who ate daal bhat takari (lentils, rice and curried veg) together - the daily staple foods for Nepalis (and what I will eat most days in Nepal). Thanks to everyone for your interest, your prayers, and your financial support!

As requested, here are the recipes for the daal and takari - I'm leaving you on your own for the rice.

A huge thank you to my parents who came into town for the dinner, particularly my mom who helped a ton with the cooking. A big thank you to Catherine Anne (on right) who lent me clothes, decorations, and support in preparing for this dinner, (and getting ready to go to Nepal). Thanks too for everyone who pitched in to help before and afterwards!

I've posted more pictures from the night here.

I have also saved copies of my presentation in .pdf format - saved with just the slides, or with the slides with notes - click on either link to view the file (3Mb each). The INF video clip that I showed, which talks about the organization and hospital I will be working with in Nepal, is attached below.

INF video clip - 3Mb

No comments: